Tuesday 10 January 2012

Snow Sports - Ski

Okay this one may seem "simple" but I tried a couple of new things (for me) - that's what its all about right?
I crumbled up a piece of off white cardstock then flattened out. I smeared Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen) over the top and then applied a light mist of water. I then heat set using my craft iron and some parchment paper. Once dry I then lightly smeared a blue ink for contrast. The image is an old Vogart TextilePrint (you can read about my "thrift" here) that I ironed on. Here is the original transfer.
I then cut out the tag to the size I wanted and did the stamping and added some Frayed Burlap Distress Stickles. I like how it turned out!

16 comments:

  1. Love this one! Really quirky. You have had a great success with your new techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab - I love it! Great work.

    Bsrbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Great colors, great background, perfect ribbon. You have a good eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag and the image is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tag too !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Wonderful graphics and treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, great image, great techniques! I love the story of the transfers, like finding treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag - I love that you've tried new techniques. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Love that it's so different x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant ideas - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this one was great! You put so much work into it and it came out truly beautiful! Very vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so vibrant ... lots of fun!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic way to use old transfers, I just love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really clever and I love it.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/