Wednesday 29 August 2012

See you at the Ex!

Thought I would add a little Canadiana to this weeks tag....as soon as I saw the theme I knew I was going to celebrate the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE or The Ex as folks in Canada know it by). The CNE had its humble beginnings in 1879. It has always had a tie with Agriculture and Technology. According to Wikipedia it is Canada's largest fair and the seventh largest in North America...
Over the years it has added many things including its own Midway. I worked in Toronto for a few years and was able to go a few times. 
There were always great concerts as well (I saw Peter Gabriel, Bryan Ferry and Super Tramp - oh my, am I a product of the 70's/80's or what LOL)...
Anyway - used an old postcard I found on the Internet, a vintage map and stamp and did a little stamping - not a lot of work but I like the look of it. Enjoy! Jewels (as always everyone is doing FANTASTIC stuff and I appreciate all your comments)

16 comments:

  1. I think this is fantastic, Jewels & I love all the history! Coming recently from a visit to Wolfe Island, Ontario I can relate. They have the "WIP" there too, but it stands for Wolfe Island pizza! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag full of memories! You invoked one for me, Rick Davis of Super tramp came from my town, and back in the 60's had a band that I followed as a young teenager. I used to make tea for them and sweep up their practice room above a hairdressers shop! Ahh, memories, the 60's were awesome, and I remember them!
    Great tag Jewels. x



    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, stuffed full of good memories! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tag Jewels, I love the whole vintage vibe to it and your tale is very interesting. It must be wonderful to visit something so vast, must take hOURs to go round it all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool tag! Wow-- look at all those people! You sure captured the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag... the70's and 80's music is some of the best of our era. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have incorporated a map of your country into this tag with a rickrack edge too. Must have been a wonderful exhibition. The whip!!! My favourite ride of all time, especially when you got some good looking fairground worker spinning it faster, the more you scream the more you are spun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag, love the story behind it.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..look at that crowd of people!!..Fabulous tag Jewels..I like the addition of the stamp and map...and a great little story to go with it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the Ex sounds great and very big! what great memories you must have of those concerts! love the Tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of your tag and the story with it. Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super tag - enjoyed learning more about it. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to use something that's meaningful to you, and has great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's an awful lot of people there! lovely memories and a great tag, love the map, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jewels, I just love your tag! I have been to the CNE as well, back in the 70's and it was a great experience. I saw Blondie there, as well as some of the cast of Y&R a few years later. Great combo of ephemera!!
    Hugs,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful memories your pretty tag invoked thanks for sharing Jewels

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/