Tuesday 24 November 2015

Found Objects


Hello! My name is Heather and I'm really happy to be joining your group! I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the beautiful southwestern USA with my wonderful husband and our two Scottish Terriers.  I'm a retired engineer and I'm happy to say I now spend most of my time puttering in my studio (click here if you want to see).  I love the idea of working to a prompt so this venue is perfect for me!

For my tags today I was happy to use some of my hoarded curated collection of bits and bobs. Lace, keys, number tags, and even some old fashioned hosiery clips (not sure what the real name is for those things all women used to wear to hold up their stockings). The ties on two of them are from old silk kimonos (I wasn't the one to cut them up!) and that round thing that looks like a yellow filter... not sure what it is.  Anyhoo, I hope you like them and below I'll insert some closer shots because I'm all about the texture of things.  Thank you for allowing me to join with you!




9 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, welcome to the group, so good to see you posting with your beautiful found objects. Wonderful tags, all of them, and I am looking forward to seeing more of your work. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting piece of work, thanks or sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome! these are mysterious and lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog and what a wonderful introductionwiththese fabulous three tags

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to this fabulous group. I love all of your tags, I love all types of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A huge welcome to you Heather, it's lovely to have you here. Your tags are fabulous, with so much interest on them. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather and a big warm welcome!! I Love all of your tags, they are amazing! Love your style ans can't wait to see more.
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Heather, nice to meet you. Fantastic set. Those pen nibs killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what gorgeous tags! such a great use of texture and color too! I remember those stocking holder up erers!
    they were around before panty hose appeared!! I think I was 12 when that happened so I'm not too old!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/