Wednesday 25 January 2012

Vintage~Return the Children

Return the Children
Even though it is sunny in my corner of the world, my vintage tag reflects the sorrow of the past. I found a Tim Holtz image I stamped sometime in the past and I had thrifted some old photo backings. I knew that this would make a perfect tag. Then, I found this strange paper that I recreated with a strange message. It all fit together, at least in my mind. LOL I love art that is thought provoking. So,this tag is dedicated to the children that were sent away. Some to earn a living for their families. I think of the Native children who were sent away to be "civilized" I think of the many children who were sent away during the Holocaust to never return. I think of children in war. Sad, but true, a somber subject. My butterfiles and the key symbolize hope.
Note: I am so inspired by everyone's work. I look and relook (is that a word?) But, for some reason, my computer won't let me comment. So sorry. It won't even let me see comments on my work. Thank you for all of the kind words. Hugs. Beth

12 comments:

  1. A very clever tag, it is very thought provoking, I love the different layers of this tag, Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful and poignant tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad, but thought provoking; all the elements work well together, love the key idea. I hope you get your computer problem sorted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work. I love the explanation and the darkness of the images contrasted with the hope signified by the butterfly. Rebirth and return. Judy said it best: poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one word....AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this tag B - very well done. And I can see the comments you are leaving! Hopefully you figure it out soon...J

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work and lovely sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope and despair - pure provocation ... I think we need these contrasts to understand and to make the world a better place

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad and yet so beautiful. Well done Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, wistful tag...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, wistful tag...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice colors-- great job!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/