Sunday, 14 October 2012

Autumn Rains

Greetings!  Since Carolyn asked us to use rain as our theme, ©Anel asked if she could go out and play with her duckling.  She's teaching it to follow the leader, which wasn't hard with her wearing that  bright yellow raincoat set.

© Arnoldo L. Romero 2012
For this tag, I made an ATC size drawing with watercolor brush pens, colored pencils, and micron pens.  I also did all the lettering by hand, which comes from Leviticus 26:4, "I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit."  I scanned the ATC, double matted it digitally, and printed it.  I used corner punches and a hole punch to transform the print into a tag shape.  I finished the design by wrapping some tangerine baker's twine to the bottom, adding a matching rhinestone brad, and tying a coordinating ribbon to the top.

This was a simple tag to make, and one I can easily reproduce.  Thank you for all the motivating comments on my last post.  Blessings!

15 comments:

  1. Very nice! The baker's twine is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag - love the image especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute image Arnoldo. I always love the way you finish off your pieces :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag, she must go into a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arnoldo, your work is so distinctive that I rarely have to check the name to identify the tag! This one is utterly charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet tag, and a great quote for both this rainy season and harvest-time, love the bakers twine, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Anel enjoying the rain with her little duckling - so cute - and beautifully drawn :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the one I want to tuck in my book. TOO sweet, my friend. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. You're always such a breath of fresh air, and I appreciate your participation SO much.
    Be blessed,
    karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and beautifully made Arnoldo.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, every kid love a yellow rain slicker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great tag and how you have finished the edges just makes it for me. Super. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh... Anel looks fab in her yellow wellies and raincoat...such a sweet tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag Arnold - love that cute little duck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meet you in the park Anel for a splash around. Love Doodly Bird x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!