Friday 7 March 2014

Maps, Charts & Diagrams

Bonjour!  Since maps were part of this week's challenge, it was the perfect opportunity for me to design the third tag in my toy soldier series.  This time I decided to go with France, because I wanted to use a Tim Holtz embossing folder I purchased last Christmas when I was visiting my family in the Dallas - Ft. Worth metroplex.  In addition, I have French roots on my Father's side of the family.  I'll make American, Spanish and Mexican soldiers in the future, since they're also part of my heritage.


I used the same Tim Holtz toy soldier die for the base as in my previous tags, and designed his uniform based on a vintage  French military drawing I found online.  I embellished it with a sequence buckle and a stick bayonet.  I punched my bottom border out of a print of a vintage map of France, and used a diagram to punch the mini-tag on the ribbon tie.  I hand lettered the title "France" on the latter.  Two vintage stamp prints completed my design.

I hope you enjoy my tag as much as I enjoyed making it.  I can't wait to come back tomorrow to peruse and comment on everyone's tags.  Au revoir!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely tag! Glad you are still enjoying playing with your sweet soldier. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Parfait! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and fun tag-the toy soldier is adorable

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the toy soldier, he looks right at home with the beautiful postage stamps too, great tag! Have a great weekend! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is truly delightful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great tag! Your soldier is full of character, and I love the French sramps. Formidable!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag, with your French soldier taking center stage.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/