Friday, 7 March 2014

Maps, Charts & Diagrams

Bonjour!  Since maps were part of this week's challenge, it was the perfect opportunity for me to design the third tag in my toy soldier series.  This time I decided to go with France, because I wanted to use a Tim Holtz embossing folder I purchased last Christmas when I was visiting my family in the Dallas - Ft. Worth metroplex.  In addition, I have French roots on my Father's side of the family.  I'll make American, Spanish and Mexican soldiers in the future, since they're also part of my heritage.


I used the same Tim Holtz toy soldier die for the base as in my previous tags, and designed his uniform based on a vintage  French military drawing I found online.  I embellished it with a sequence buckle and a stick bayonet.  I punched my bottom border out of a print of a vintage map of France, and used a diagram to punch the mini-tag on the ribbon tie.  I hand lettered the title "France" on the latter.  Two vintage stamp prints completed my design.

I hope you enjoy my tag as much as I enjoyed making it.  I can't wait to come back tomorrow to peruse and comment on everyone's tags.  Au revoir!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely tag! Glad you are still enjoying playing with your sweet soldier. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Parfait! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and fun tag-the toy soldier is adorable

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the toy soldier, he looks right at home with the beautiful postage stamps too, great tag! Have a great weekend! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is truly delightful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great tag! Your soldier is full of character, and I love the French sramps. Formidable!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag, with your French soldier taking center stage.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!