Monday 25 January 2016

Vegetables with Ornate

Vegetables .... so many great shapes and colours to choose from! This 'beetroot' tag was once an experimental piece of dyed khadi (cotton) paper. It has soya wax resist shapes created by dipping a kitchen hand whisk into the melted wax and pressing it onto the paper. The  circular shapes just reminded me of beetroot.  I hope you think so, too.  

My "ornate" tag just took me so much longer than I expected and I didn't finish it until after the deadline so here it is here too. Beading tends to suggest 'ornate' to me, so I added beaded flowers and leaves to  an already ornate background and feature motif. Rather an ornate pram for sure. The rather plain little girl was my husband's grandmother. 
Hoping this week to be a little more back into routine, and have the 'window' tag done earlier/ 


5 comments:

  1. these are just lovely Wilma,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought beetroots before I read your post, so yes, they do look like them! Wow that pram is rather wonderful! Great tags!
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags, I especially love the beaded one, just fantastic, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredibly clever with the beetroot tag! Looks amazing and I knew immediately they are beets. Wow on the ornate tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, guessed it was beetroot straight away, brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/