Tuesday 23 July 2013

Fish

Greetings!  We had the installation of a new rector at our church last weekend, so I decided to take this opportunity to make the fish tag for him and his wife.  I wanted to use a print of a trio of fish I painted with pastels, but my printer wasn't working.  Therefore, I decided to mat the actual pastel; insert it in an art bag; and attach it to a plant using a wire picture holder that I made.  I placed the plant in a basket and tied a ribbon to coordinate with one of the main colors in the pastel.  I like the way the gift basket turned out, and believe they did too.


By the way, on the back cover of the mat, I wrote a message making reference to what Jesus said in Matthew 4:19, "Follow me, and I will send you out to fish for people."  I also wanted to let you know that I posted a scanned picture of the pastel painting in my blog, so you may get a closer look of it there.  Blessings!

17 comments:

  1. Super! I'm sure they loved it. I did hop over to your blog-- the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete

  2. what a lovely gift. I'm sure the new Rector will treasure your picture of the fish. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I'm sure that your original pastel with the scripture on back will be a cherished treasure. (So wish I could draw!) I will hop over to your blog to see your pastel up close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pastel drawing, and a lovely present for your new Rector!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag and a thoughtful idea for the new rector.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very kind & thoughtful gift and so special that the painting was done by you. I imagine they were delighted with it & appreciated the gesture very much. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful interpretation of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea and so relevant! Wonderful creation
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to see a tag being used! Wonderful drawing. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully drawn image and such a thoughtful gift for the new rector.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, as usual. I love the way that you express your faith so beautifully throughout your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag & what a wonderful thoughtful gift...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pastel drawing is just beautiful - what a wonderful gift for your new Rector and his family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is great to hear that you created this beautiful tag with a real purpose and with inspiration from your own beliefs.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/