Tuesday 17 June 2014

Tag on Tag

One of my all time favorite "tag on tag" pieces is one I designed for a prayer art journal in 2009.  Other than with close family and friends that have been to my home, I've never shared in any public media.  Therefore, I felt it was appropriate to debut it today.


My tag was inspired by the Lord's prayer, which may be found in Luke 11:2-4.  I began with a plain white tag, which I covered with mulberry paper and a scrap from a Church bulletin.  Then, I decorated 3 miniature shaped tags to represent the requests for our daily bread, forgiveness of our sins, and our deliverance from evil.  The cross shaped ties were purely coincidental, but they worked as Christ's atoning sacrifice for our sins.  I hand lettered the first verse of the Lord's prayer on a square of Kraft paper, glued it to the page, and attached my tag to it with foam squares.

I hope you enjoy my tag, even though it's not newly inspired.  I want to let everyone know how much I enjoyed last week's 50's tags and thank everyone who left a comment.  Blessings!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely and unusual tag with a message! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag,very sweet the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really special tag with a special message. Nice that you shared it with us

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting piece with many elements that are special to you Arnoldo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Arnoldo Thanks for sharing this very special tag - I really admire the way you use your art to enhance and enrich your spiritual life and that of others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Arnoldo Thanks for sharing this very special tag - I really admire the way you use your art to enhance and enrich your spiritual life and that of others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is stunning and moving! blessings to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Arnoldo, this is so special. And beautifully done to your exacting standards as always. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous20 June, 2014

    Beautiful, colorful, and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and meaningful tag with superb lettering! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/