Friday 13 February 2015

Valentine

Greetings!  Today, I'm sharing this Valentine's Day card (with a tiny hand lettered tag) that I made for my wife.  I began by using the Tim Holtz Passage Door die to cut the base, which was made out of packaging cardboard covered in distressed white card stock.  I used Tim's Pediment die to cut the card stock topper.  Next, I created the spray using Tim's Elegant Flourishes die to cut the foundation.  I used store bought paper flowers, which I embellished with micro glass beads, to build it up.  As a focal point, I cut some packaging cardboard covered in pink paper with Tim's Mini Hearts die and coated it with glitter.  I attached it over the spray with double-sided foam tape.  I used Tim's Tiny Tabs & Tags die to cut the label, which was tied with a strip of ribbon to a brass button "door knob."  Although you can't see it, I covered the back in a Valentine's print and used Tim's Small Easel die to cut a card stock stand.  (I will share a photograph of the back on my blog, which features a surprise, this coming Sunday. You can see the back at my blog.)  Happy Valentine's Day!

© Arnoldo L. Romero 2015
PS - I'm sorry for my absence since Christmas, but I'm doing some postgraduate work that's keeping me very busy.  I even cut back to bi-weekly posts in my blog.  I'm enjoying the coursework, but it is taking time away from my art studio and blogging time.

9 comments:

  1. Your tag is stunning - I love all the wonderful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag Arnoldo, good to see you again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tag is wonderful and quite unique.

    Hope all your efforts with the work you are doing reward you in the end.

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, love the pediment at the top, and the flowers. Good luck with the studying, rather you than me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. Your work is always so inspiring, Arnoldo.
    Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello stranger, how lovely to see you again and with a glorious valentine, you are more than welcome. I bet Mrs Romero will be tickled pink with this heartfelt gesture. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - a fantastic Valentine-Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she will surely adore it Arnoldo, it is wonderful! happy love day to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! How sweet that you made a tag for your wife!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/