Wednesday 29 February 2012

Books: Wuthering Heights

I couldn't say "Wuthering Heights" is one of my favourite books . However, Emily Bronte's novel had a powerful impact on me when I was teenager, and I often felt rather haunted by the thought of Catherine's and Heathcliff's ghosts restlessly wandering the moors. When I saw this image in the Sunday newspaper (from an advertisement for a Sydney Ballet Company performance), I immediately thought of the doomed lovers from Wuthering Heights and it became the basis for this week's tag. I attached the newspaper piece to the painted tag with gel medium and then stamped and wrote over the top, cut out and pasted a branch from black card,and then added sari silk waste and tulle.
Congratulations to all - the tags so far this week are stunning.

11 comments:

  1. Great tag, and love the way you connected the dots and united your idea for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very atmospheric tag - you've really captured the feel of the book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job-- I agree with the above comments. You really captured the feel of this book. Not easy to do either-- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS!! May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all Bronte books growing up - Jane Eyre, Tenant of Wildfell (sp?) Hall, Wuthering Heights...love your tribute to WH...J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag - the colours work beautifully to capture the mood. I love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. spectaculat atg....love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eerie and atmospheric, great colours, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have captured the mood in your lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. spectacular...love tha addition of the tulle.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/