Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Little French Wedding Dress

I want to thank everyone for your ever kind encouragement and sweet comments. Tag Tuesday is a highlight of each week for me. I have so enjoyed planning my tags and also seeing the variety of ideas and styles of all the participants!

For this wedding tag, I cut a dress form out of chipboard and decorative paper using a Tim Holtz die.  After stamping French lettering with a stamp from Oxford Impressions,  I folded cupcake holders to make the skirt, added a little glimmer, and then trimmed out with antique lace scraps, rhinestones, and millinery flowers. 


I staged it with my latest obsession - the paper cup holders and pastry bags from Starbucks! If you want to see how truly smitten (or crazy) I am about these pink papers, there's another project on my blog under "A Little Pink Starbucks Obsession."

I hope you are making it a great week!  Can't wait to look at all your tags.                                                                                                                                              - Laura


25 comments:

  1. You did an outstanding job capturing the feeling of romance. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look great ... Amazing :)
    Cheers, Heidrun from Bavaria, Augsburg

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just gorgeous!

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing piece, great use of the cupcake papers! I like Starbucks, too, but not their prices....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, such a lovely design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful and creative tag

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea, gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the folded cupcake holders! Very pretty. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightfully pretty piece Laura. We don't have Starbucks here but I can see why you like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tag, very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wedding dress tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very pretty tag and the dress is divine, clever to recycle your morning coffee treat too! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress is so pretty! Great use of repurposed items. Off to check your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so very wonderful Laura :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this dress is completely gorgeous! beautifully done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exquisite! I also enjoyed seeing your clever creation on your blog, Laura .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oo, la,la, lovely!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OLove this tag...you know I have a dress form challenge on my you tube site running currently.....may I share this photo...linking up your blog ,of course?

    ReplyDelete
  19. OLove this tag...you know I have a dress form challenge on my you tube site running currently.....may I share this photo...linking up your blog ,of course?

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW...Stunning tag... Love the dress, stamping, Colours...Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the cupcake petticoats Laura what a fab idea. Finishes off your gorgeous wedding dress beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laura, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/