Saturday 10 May 2014

Dolls

Please accept my apologies for the tardiness, as well as for my absence during the past couple of weeks.  Between my work schedule and other commitments, my life has been extremely hectic.  Then, I kept getting more and more detailed with the tag I designed for this week.  I think reminiscing about my daughters' childhood as I worked on the details made it much more interesting to me.  It also made me think of my days as the fashion illustrator and layout artist for a small chain of department stores back in the 80's.



For my tag, I began with a couple of EKSuccess doll templates. some Fiskars punches, and a couple of Sharpie micron pens to design my doll and her outfits.  It was fun mixing and matching prints, as well as altering, cutting and drawing details as I designed her little outfits.  I made her some underwear, a night gown, a play suit, and a dress, as well as matching shoes and hats for her outfits.  I added tabs to all the pieces, except the underwear, which is glued on.  I thought about designing some other outfits, but I ran out of time and steam.  LOL!  Next, I designed the tag-envelope to store her outfits and carry her in.  I used a Tim Holtz glassine envelope, which I folded, decorated, and stapled on the sides.  I used a McGill Flowers & Pot punch to create my embellishment, along with a DCWV burlap paper scrap, a Martha Stewart border, and a Tim Holtz tiny tag die.  Finally, I punched a slit on the top left corner under the flap to lace some ribbon ties.

Well, it's getting late, so I'll come back tomorrow morning to write comments on everyone's tags.  I hope you like mine and will leave a comment too.  Blessings!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, love those little dolls! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tag idea and dolls are wonderful. Like the textures you added to the tag as well

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the doll you chose and outfits you made for it. I'd love to hear more about that job you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10 May, 2014

    I love these, Arnoldo. They are an instant smile.
    No apologies needed for stepping away from the computer to live life, friend, and art must always be free.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Arnoldo! This is definitely ~ La creme de la creme :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Arnoldo, this is just so fabulous! You obviously had a really enjoyable time designing and making her wardrobe! Brilliant. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woderful, fabulous costumes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are completely darling. xo

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/