Monday 9 January 2012

Snow



This is my first tag, a little bit late I know! Sorry about the poor picture, but I have been taking them for two days and this is the best one.
A simple design using an old Christmas card, some fabric and stick on snowflakes. Initially, I put gesso onto a blue tag and tried to stamp snowflakes onto the background using acrylic paint, but I didn't like the effect, so more gesso was applied to cover them up. Then I tried to apply the snowflakes with UTEE but when I used the heat gun the results were disappointing.Hence the stick on snowflakes from my stash.

I am looking forward to seeing all the lovely tags in January, as the titles are very inspiring. I have already started this tag, so I will be able to blog about it on time.

12 comments:

  1. A very lovely snowy tag. It captures our first theme of snow perfectly. Look forward to seeing the next one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag - I love the picture you've used.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Dianne, don't you just hate the reflection you get when photographing with flash. If you turn it off then the image is dull, I have exactly the same problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the "winter" label.. Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn Howarth09 January, 2012

    This is lovely, I like the label.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, what a lovely tag, despite your set backs you have created a perfect winter wonderland.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely ideas - this tag turned out so well despite all the set backs (you'd never know you'd had set backs!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you persevering. The resulting tag is lovely. Great idea using an old christmas card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely tag, sometimes tho mistakes turn into happy accidnets and yours turned out so well...

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/