Tuesday 24 January 2012

Vintage



For me vintage means something old with a soul. So an aged item isn’t always considered vintage by me. I have to feel that it has a soul too, which speaks to me in some way. I love antique shops, jumble sales and thrift stores and visit them often but I much rather leave with a piece of china that has a crack in it than something in mint condition.



I kept my tag really simple this week and named it “ A vintage soul”. The paper on the background is from a 120 year old book, a jumble sale find and the angel is a photo taken by me at an old graveyard here in my hometown. I finished by adding my January blue border.

I would also like to thank you all for the joy I find each week looking at all your beautiful tags. Last week was the week from hell work wise and on Friday evening I collapsed in front of the computer, a glass of red nearby slowly winding down while admiring your work. White can be quite soothing...

See you all next week
Jeanette

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I feel calm when I look at it so delicate, x May x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jeannete, loved your tag and your comments about soul inspiration, it is lovely
    to see all the variety in the creative process. Well done you,
    Best wishes Valerie R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty tag - it has such a peaceful feel to it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, soulful vintage tag-it definitely speaks to the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, soulful vintage tag-it definitely speaks to the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughtful and quite soothing, what a lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have soul, it flies on wings! Love this, I have a thing about angels! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love angels and the simplicity of this speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How super to use your own photo! Great tag.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/