Tuesday 27 March 2012

Easter Egg tag

Can you believe I actually got my tag ready on the right day? Probably won't ever happen again, especially as we are going to France this week for a couple of months, and I can't take much in the way of craft supplies.

I really wanted to do a Faberge Egg tag. I covered the tag in gold foil, cut an egg shape out of stiff card and covered it in silver kitchen foil. Aaah, and then the fun part, decorating the egg with filigree gold work ( bits and pieces cut out of a gold doily ) and lots and lots of jewels of course. It was awfully difficult to photograph though, don't think the camera likes the shiny foils very much.

Here is my finished Faberge Egg tag -


I think we will finally be able to get broadband of some sort in our area of Burgundy ( middle of nowhere ), so I am hoping that I will be able to carry on with the Tag Tuesday challenge while we are in France. Fingers crossed.

Toodlepip xxx

10 comments:

  1. Your egg is GORGOUS!!!Gosh is it Tuesday already!!Better get going on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLING! Nicely done (can I come with you France ?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag. Enjoy your hols! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gloriously rich egg,I love it.
    Have a great time.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Faberge egg!! A great take on this weeks challenge!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely spectacular. a faberge of a tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sparkling egg tag!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Faberge Egg, beautiful, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/