Thursday 5 April 2012

Easter

Sorry to have missed last weeks tag, but I'm back now! What does Easter mean? I decided to go back to magpies...according to myth, they were the only birds at the crucifixion who didn't wear full mourning, and so were condemned to wear 'half mourning' from that day on. I made a little magpie out of fab foam and printed it directly onto the tag. Then I used my lovely old typewriter for the text.
I would like to wish you all a very Happy Easter and take this opportunity to thank Carolyn for setting up this lovely project.

best wishes to you all




Kim x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, the tsamp you have made is great! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks such an interesting story and interpreted so well. I have always liked the print of a typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of that story before what a good opportunity to create a very original Easter tag. I love that you made your own foam stamp. I made one of a hare for my 'Mad March' tag. Your Magpie has turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd forgotten the story of the magpie. What an original and clever tag. well done Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly simple yet evocative tag ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tag!, great stamp image, I didnt know the magpie story! I too love the type from the typwriter.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magpies are such a strong image to work with. This tag is great, simple and shows off the beauty of a magpie really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your magpie stamp. Hadnt heard that myth either. A great tag!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/