Wednesday 4 April 2012

Easter

Hi Everyone, Jane in Berkshire here.
I am a bit late posting this week, as we had a quick dash to Canterbury to help our eldest son move house.
Here is my Easter Bonnet tag.
I used an image from my favourite Victorian fashions book and coloured it in. The lady has updated her wardrobe for Easter by trimming the cuffs with lace and her Easter bonnet with flowers.
I used card stock as a background and placed my lady on top of it. I sewed some lovely flower beads onto the picture, and gave her an earring. I used some flowers made from an old gardening catalogue using 2 different shaped cutters and added some stick- on flowers from my stash, before finishing off with a nice bright ribbon.


I added a close up photo to see the detail of the flowers. Hope the original photo is clear enough, I took it against a background of spring tulips from a magazine.


Happy Easter to you all!

11 comments:

  1. couldn't be more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the flowers in your gals Easter Bonnet! :) Beautiful tag !
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty bonnet on your tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, love the bonnet.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic Easter Bonnet - I really like the extra dimension added by the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like how you've combined all the elements of this tag.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, I love the history of costume. Love the 3-D flowers on her cuffs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely Jane. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely tag - the little blue flowers are really gorgeous. I love your assortment of embellishments - she looks very pleased with all her finery! Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tag! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/