Wednesday 11 April 2012

"SPRING" Cleaning

I found this week's challenge challenging! How could I express Spring Cleaning on a tag? I had two thoughts, so I did two tags. The first tag is literally springs. I wound them together and then did some spring cleaning to come up with various unused letters to spell out "Cleaning".










































For the second tag, I decided to do a little spring cleaning in my studio and use some of the things that I have and love but never seem to have a way to use or incorporate into whatever I'm working on at the time. Evidently, I love swirls and flourishes, overlays and "fancy" stuff because I have lots of these sorts of things that I've never used before. (Only the fact that they were almost all a turquoisey-aqua blue was no surprise.) I only wish that the photograph showed how lovely this tag turned out. For once, I was really pleased with what I did!

And, here's how I did it. I sprayed Tattered Angels Chalkboard glimmer spray in peacock over a stencil. I really liked how this looks and will now be using my glimmer mists! Next I stamped the tag with a swirly stamp using Tsukineko's Brilliance in Moonlight White . I'm not much of a stamper but found that the combination of the ink and glimmer mist worked well together.I then cut up some sequined flourishes to fit as close as possible to my misted flourish.I attached a combo of some Prima flowers then added a pretty ballet overlay. I attached some "onesie" beads I had laying around to the overlay, and some "rose" ribbon on the top and I was almost done. I took an aqua and gold garland that I have had for at least 4 years and used it as the tie on my tag and voila! My tag put together with stuff I found while (Spring) cleaning my studio!

Wishing you all a creative, art filled, joyful week!
Best, Mary Ann

15 comments:

  1. How wonderfully innovative, well done. The spring tag is fantastic.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ideas!! Perhaps I might be motivated to SPRING into action now!!hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particulary like the spring tag - such a clever idea. The other tag is beautiful and has many techniques/materials that I'm not familiar with because I'm a stitcher and not a stamper/card maker ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever Ideal with the Springs! Love both Tags, Great work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece, very well thought out! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring Cleaning-I never thought of springs, made me laugh and is very imaginative! Your studio spring clean tag is beautiful, lots of feminine touches.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! The "springs" tag looks like a mobile! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real Springs! Now why didn't I think of that?
    Well done they are all great.

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I immediately knew this was yours - it was wild abandonment at its best. You are so talented, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my kind of spring cleaning! first one great idea; love the colour and swirls of the second one, love the dangly beads and beaded wire. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great tags! both wonderful takes on the theme I like them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you stepped out of the box :) Your 2nd tag has beautiful color and I'm a huge fan of swirls myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dancers concealed under the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tags - the spring tag is so clever, and how industrious, doing some spring cleaning in your work space to create such a beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tags and so much work on them ... really beautiful. I love the images you chose to use on the second tag ... really beautiful. You look like you had a lot of fun and got your room spring cleaned too!

    x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/