Friday 15 June 2012

Camping

I was a wee bit stuck this week, didn't quite know what to make as everything I could think of had already been done, and much better than I could have done it. It wasn't until I was talking to Suzy this morning about travelling all over England for windsurfing regattas many years ago that I realised that we always went camping at these events. DOH! Of course, being windsurfing events, the regattas were often held on the sea, which meant that we used to have great picnics on the beach as well.  That was it, lol, tag sorted -






The original image came from the wonderful Valerie at The Sum of all Crafts blog. I had to print it out a couple of times to get enough rocks and water to cover the tag. I used a couple of different blue Promarkers for the sky, and not wanting it to look streaky, overlaid it with blue tissue paper. The blanket comes from my son's favourite French camembert, La Rustique. I added a French baguette and a bottle of red wine to the picnic basket, a few shells on the rocks and some birds in the sky.


I have seen so many fabulous tags already this week, I am off now to check out a few more CAMPING post.


Toodlepip xxx

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant tag, what a fab image and love the way the tablecloth drapes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just FAB! It's nice to hear how the theme helped to rekindle some great memories for you too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love how you have the tablecloth dancing off your tag - very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, and I love the seashell presentation! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous vintage images - the pop of red is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag and images! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It reminds me of when we were children and spent our holidays at the seaside.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  9. great little tag with a fun vintage look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag...LOVE the picnic blanket!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you incorporated a 3-D feel to your 50's image. It fits the era. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag... love the design.. May x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paticulary like the blanket. Great idea, great tag. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/