Monday 18 June 2012

Camping


Making this tag brought back lots of happy memories.  I camped frequently in my "younger years" with my friends, and my husband, and later with my son, too.  The summer of 1971, after I graduated from college, I went on a cross country camping trip with 3 friends for 6 weeks.  We started in Connecticut and toured the US in a big loop, and had a fantastic time.  These girls reminded me of my friends, although you would have to replace those skirts with blue jeans, and those hairdos with long, straight waist length hair!  Every night we put up a little orange pup tent that took just a few minutes to set up and take down.  We had many fun experiences, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to travel like this back then, and again later with my husband and son.  You sure won't see me camping now!  I like my hotels and all the luxuries that go with them.


9 comments:

  1. Very fun tag! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out that fire! Bet she got her girl scout badges no problems, haha. Love the tag Barb but the memories it unlocked sound so great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter always enjoyed her camping with the girl guides and this tag remeinded me very much of her sitting cross legged at the camp fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image Barb, happy memories!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story behind your tag. It' beautifully done too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fashion has changed. I do like the styles then, people looked so much smarter.
    Great tag Barb
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image, they all look very sensible! Great memories too, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the tag, great image and story Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember these girls - but I never went camping with them. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/