Tuesday 19 June 2012

Green

Green is my favourite colour and I was racking my brains what to do (this opens the design doors so wide it is quite difficult to pick a topic)  I started to think about doing something sea orientated and mermaid just popped (swam) into my head and everything when sparkly from then on.  I now have mermaid scales on my fingers (ok then, stickles!)

My tag is sprayed liberally with Dylusions ink sprays Lime, Sky Blue Pearl and Vanilla Custard.  My kitchen towel that I used to catch overspray looks just as stunning as my tag (saving that!).  I added seaweed to the bottom of the tag by scribbling on Turquoise, Green and Lime Green Stickles.  No great skill required so far!

I printed out a mermaid image as a base to decorate and then set to with a hole punch.  I punched out pretty scales from glitter and shimmery card in shades of green and turquoise.  I really enjoyed layering up the scales on the tail and adding more stickles and gems to make my mermaid shimmer.

 Here is a close up of the scales and seaweed.
I can almost hear the ocean in the distance.

 A fitting quote from the most famous little mermaid of all was added next and some seaweed style fibres with stickles liberally applied were tied to the top of the tag.  I wanted to add shells but they just didn't fit in with this fantasy image of life under the sea so I opted for these copper star embellishments that were hiding in my stash and I think that they look a bit like ethereal jelly fish or maybe fabulous squid floating by.  I have loved getting all glittery and girly for this green themed tag.
 

I can't wait to see what green inspired tags are created by the fabulous Tag Tuesday crew.
Thanks for popping by and thank you to everyone that left such lovely comments last week

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, love the sparkles! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!! So sparkly and ethereal. Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a stunning tag - very vibrant and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A massive WOW from me Helen, she is beautiful.
    Lynn
    One I made earlier today

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a glamourous mermaid! Bet you had lots of fun - love the scales! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lots of work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, I love mermaids, please leave me this tag in your will! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow beautiful tag, lots of work and the glittery effects are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply brilliant in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lot of work has gone into this tag. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This gorgeous! Love all the glitter and the amazing scales. FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Love the rich colours and the scales.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a vibrant tag...love your mermaid..those scales.. the glitter...amazing tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful mermaid tag, love all the gems and sparkles, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours, Helen, and lots of lovely layers and textures!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your faux beading work on the mermaid. It is truly fascinating. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What patience you havee to punch and layer up all those scales. Love it!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/