Tuesday 26 June 2012

Tales of the Riverbank

Hi Everyone,

I  want to start by thanking everyone for your lovely comments on last weeks tag.

This week I took inspiration from Carolyn's suggestions  in the sidebar and used a Dragonfly  as the feature of this weeks tag.


I started off by painting the tag with Lumiere acrylic paints in Halo Pink-Gold and Sunset Gold and splattered it with purple acrylic. I then did a wash of the same colours on the inside of a torn office envelope and attached it with some gel medium .The image of the Dragonfly was stamped on with my new Clarity stamp .

The dots have been created by punching some holes in card to make a stencil and  using modelling paste coloured with some Rose Pink acrylic paint. The wording was stamped on to paper painted in  Rose Pink  and I finished off by adding a fancy piece of yarn from my stash.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has come up with for this weeks theme.

Bye for now x

18 comments:

  1. love the tag, and the dragonfly made me have a go this week too! I've spent a lot of my life living by a couple of FAB rivers, the Severn and the Wye. I used some of my own little blocks and this time thought I would keep it simple its overon my own blog with my other tags... http://textilequeenie.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fuzzie that's gorgeous... So subtle. I really love it. Thanks for your two comments - yes, just got them. I can't believe blogger is STILL messing you around! High time they pulled their finger out and got you back online where you belong. I've just uploaded a post about Saturday's show but incapable of much else atm as I'm totally exhausted and suffering big time payback for overdoing things all last week!!

    Hugs,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Fuzzie! Love it all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dragonflies, this is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag..love dragonfly stamp, the shimmery background..and the fab print on the envie paper..Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tag, such subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty and delicate. I love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very delicate, the net echoes dragonfly wings perfectly, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft, so subtle. It's as if the dragonfly is getting ready to greet dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great theme this week eh?So many memories coming through.What a sweet tag.Love the soft, evocative feel to it.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh what a gorgeous tag - I love the shimmery background, such beautiful colours - and the dragonfly stamp is just fab. The whole tag is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Pretty tag - love the clarity image - I think you will be using that a lot! I think that your fancy yarns are reminiscent of the teasels you often find on the riverbank - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and very delicate imagery I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the delicate colours and the great background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really delicate, love the lace echoing the dragonfly wings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your artwork - the dragonfly theme is so beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/