Tuesday 31 July 2012

Mermaids (x2)



I was really looking forward to this weeks theme as I love the thought that mermaids might exist almost as much as the possibility of fairies!

I made a mermaid tag a few weeks ago now as you all know and ever since I have wanted to make more along the same lines.  So first I made this pink mermaid enjoying the last of the evening sun.  I really enjoy being able to go to town with glitter and sparkles!   I had so much fun that I couldn't help myself and so I made........


Another one!!  This one was inspired by the quote on the first one.  I found a fab Mermaid Lullaby and quoted one of the verses on the top tag and so I decided to make one of those 'Mermaids Fast Asleep' on my second tag.




Who knew how much mess two tags could make!!?  You'd think after using all those pretty sparkles it would have looked a bit prettier on my desk.  As you can see in time honoured crafting fashion I had all this space to start with and ended up working on a postage stamp sized work area!!

Guess what I am off to do now?! ........ Probably should be tidy up, but it is going to be Lunch then Tag Tuesday to see what fab things you have all been making ......oh and then just maybe, tidy up!

How cool to finally be a fully paid up member of the Tag Tuesday Team.  I love all the creative challenges but mostly I love that it is a place full of inspiration and mutual encouragement.

Have a fab week everyone - can't wait to see what next months themes are.

23 comments:

  1. Both are fab! I love the way both mermaids "overhang" the tag bases. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tags are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mermaids, they look like too real luxury girls, with all their gorgeous bling! My desk looks worse, but it's always like it....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really beautiful tags, Yes my workspace is a mess too, everywhere covered in sequins!, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief! I thought it was only me who had a desk like that!! Your tags are fab, I especially like the sunset one. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning they are both beyond gorgeous!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your workspace is tidier than mine! Love your tags, the pink one is my favourite! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful tags, such stunning work! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes well I won't be using sequins again in a rush. I made as much mess as you haha.
    Tidied it up though for WOYWW What's on your work desk Wednesday blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well your over achiever - and your work space looks an awful lot like mine LOL. Love both your tags.. thanks for providing tutorial as well

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mermaids are so beautiful!! Isnt it amazing how such a tiny piece of art creates such a large mess!!LOL.
    Hugs,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love all the intricate sequins and glittering work you did. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your mermaids! All that fabulous glitter and those scales, they are just awesome. Great quotes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both tags are just beautiful - such lovely work that I'm not surprised your desk looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two very lovely tags! I dont know anyone who can create without making a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fabulous creatures. They were well worth the mess in my opinion. Maybe the tide will come in and leave everything tidy again........ LOL

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is beautiful sleeping on her shell!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these mermaids too!
    My table looks exactly like this too when I make tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW,WOW,WOW Helen,, these tags are Fabulous..Beautiful glitter & sequins.. the designs are fab... Great creative desk... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love mermaids, too and yours are absolutely wonderful. I would love to have either one. Beautiful work down to the tiniest detail.
    PS My work table looks about the same as yours. I am a neat freak but have found that art is messy - and worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know you've had a good time if you've made a mess! Two great tags, love how they're different but similar enough to be a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Helen, your photo of your work space completely cracked me!!! I can soooo identify with it!! Hilarious. Absolutely love your sleeping mermaid, beautiful colours and so much work. Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/