Tuesday 31 July 2012

Mermaids

Here's my mermaid tag. I wanted to see if I could keep it really minimal, so I used a black gel pen, with highlights in green and blue. I didn't really have a design in mind, but wanted to use shell shapes, hence the curved edge at the top and the lines round the border inspired by shells. I was keen to have a mermaid with blue and green hair, and she ended up being a rather curvy mermaid. I felt the sky looked a little bare but I didn't want to make it all blue so I added the words Siren Song and some music notes. I hope she doesn't lure to many sailors to their deaths!
Apologies for no tag next week, I got distracted making an embroidered bag! (See my blog http://joscreativeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ for more details!)

19 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, I like the minimal look! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the octopus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo - love your drawings! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your use of colour Jo. It makes for a very fresh and clean looking tag - reminds me of the zentangle patterns that are around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag! I immediately thought "Zentangle" too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation, love the drawing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Simply', lovely! Wonder what she's singing ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first glance Jo I thought it was ceramic. Lovely little tag.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this tag - simple but really great images -well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its great to see a tag totally made by you, no printed images, no lace, shells or lots of other embellishments, just great fun drawings. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely and original little tag - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks very happy luring all those unwary sailors. I too love the clean illustrative look of this .
    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the whimsical doodly feel of your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo Cute.... May x

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun little tag, love your little octopus!, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo, I love this, so simple and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/