Wednesday 4 July 2012

Seaside Sailor Boys

I had a bit of trouble with this week's challenge, because all the themes for this month revolve round the seaside. I found it quite difficult to decide what to use for this tag and what to save for the others. Until I started going through some postcards I had bought in France a few weeks ago, that is. I found a photograph of these sweet little boys all dressed up in their sailor suits, no doubt ready to hit the French Riviera, lol.


I painted three different areas on a white tag, light brown for the beach, light blues for the sky and darker blues for the sea. Glued on the shell and this puffety stuff I found on the beach after a storm last year, and then created the beach with two different shades of Distress Stickles, Scattered Straw and Tarnished Brass. Cut out some small images of shells, and of course the darling boys and glued them on. Printed out the song title of a good old English seaside song ( which I now can't get out of my head, arrgghh ), and drew few seagulls in the sky.





Thank you once again for all the lovely things you said about my tag last week. I am off to France again this weekend, not sure what I will be able to create while I am there. If I have time before we go, I'll try to make and schedule some tags.


Toodlepip xxx

16 comments:

  1. Great tag, love the shells, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image you used on your tag - those boys look like they are up to no good!! Great save with the puffety stuff looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image of the boys, are they pretend smoking a popeye pipe or is it one of those blowy whistlrs I wonder? Fun tag, I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Perfect background color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super tag, love the image and sentiment.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like my dad and his brother when they were little.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness boys leisure wear has changed a bit! great image and seagulls, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't make out what is in their mouths, is it a pretend pipe? Very cute vintage images, and the sand came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag - I love the image of the boys. I also love the puffety stuff and sea shells - perfect for this weeks theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boys are really enjoying themselves. I think the puffety stuff is fish egg cases, great texture and nice to use actual beach stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tag! The background is superb - you have created the effect of the light behind them beautifully! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your seashell collage. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag Liz...love the image..and your little cluster of shells and puffety stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love this image - but can;t imagine my grandsons wearing these sailor outfits to the beach! This tag just captures beautifully a seaside holiday of an era bygone .

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/