Tuesday 3 July 2012

Seaside.

My starting point for this weeks tag, was inspired by one of my daughters birthday cards from her Aunt who lives on Mersea Island.  You have to read the tide table to make sure that you can get across the causeway when going there.  They have lots of pretty beach huts, and my daughter and I have spent many happy hours collecting shells.
Made the base tag from a piece of card to which I stuck a piece of sandpaper. The beach hut was cut from paper in my stash, I didn't have a pattern just went by what looked right.  Used the free stamps on the July issue of Craft Stamper to make the bunting, and 1" wide ric-rac to represent the waves.  The ice cream, I made with paper clay in a mold that was part of a children's Plasticine set. I painted it when dry with Koh-I- Noor paints. 

18 comments:

  1. Love this tag.Sandpaper- great idea for the sand!Lots of little interesting details here.Thanks for sharing.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty-- love the colors. That certainly is WIDE rick rack! Neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and I love the rick rack waves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag, and happy memories for me! I used to have an aunt who lived in Colchester, and from there we went to the beach often! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely use of different textures, great tag x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really sweet, the beach hut is so cute and I love all the colours together. Clever make on the ice-cream :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely tag - I love the beach hut and matching bunting - gorgeous colours - and the ice cream is just a perfect finishing touch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag..and so many textures and techniques - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the creativity that went into putting this tag together. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag in my fav colours too!
    how fab that you got a bunting stamp free ! must look for that mag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag Sharne. Love the bow details on the bunting - the home made ice cream embellishment is fab - I love beach huts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour of the beach hut.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tag . Love the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely seaside tag. The beach huts in Bournemouth have to be red, yellow, blue or green, so I chose yellow for ours but I would have had a purple one given the choice! fab bunting too, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The purple shades are great, and the ice-cream is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the ric rac - it adds a super touch. The tag is FAB! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous tag Sharne..Love the beach hut,the sweet matching bunting and the little ice cream is a fabby touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - lots of little special seaside elements come together perfectly! Beach huts are my favourtie images of the seaside - delightful tag.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/