Tuesday 10 July 2012

Swimming

Hi everyone. I have been very colourful in my work of late, mainly due to the recent aquisition of Dylusion inks, so I have calmed down a little for my effort this week. I love this stamp of the bathing beauty and so I distressed her with vintage photo, used old photo corners, stuck her on a Kraft resist tag, added brown shells on ribbon, two shell stamps in the corner, some mini negative strip and then stamped out some bathing huts that I watercoloured down the side. Last bit, added a stamp that writes about being on holiday down the side in coffee archival ink and Bobs your uncle as they say! (I would love to know the origins of that saying as it doesn't make sense!)
tag tuesday swimmers
I guess looking at it against the orange background means I haven't toned down that much, but with the sun playing hide and seek we all need a bit of summer colour. I hope you all have a great week, am loving the range of all your tags, thanks for taking the time to comment on mine. Byeee for now. x
ps. I love the sea sound Carolyn, brilliant!
 


18 comments:

  1. Lovely image and great use of the vintage photo colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job! Love that parasol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the film strip on this one! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab. Love all the elements including the orange background :0)

    I love Carolyn's sea sound too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about brilliant! Your tag totally IS! I was going to mention that it didn't look toned down to me...but since you did, I won't. :) I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the beach huts
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your design, especially the way you have the huts peeking out. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag - I love the beach huts overhanging the edge and your lovely selection of embellishments. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the little 'extras' - the shells, the beach huts and the strip of film. The ripples round her legs are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Especially love the negative strip - this scene could come directly from a silent move. The attention to embellishing details is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an artistic tag - totally brilliant! It looks fab on the orange background, too! Wikipedia has a possible explanation of Bob's your uncle! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very lovely tag, love those beach huts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative with all the elements hanging off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful tag Barb...love how you have put it all together with that gorgeous stamped image, the beach huts, trim and film strip! Fabby job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tag, Barb. I love the image of the bathing beauty and how you have embellished it.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your colourful backdrop showcases your lovely vintage tones. Lovely tag Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours and the layers. I especially love the way the beech huts hang over the edge of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barb, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/