Tuesday 10 July 2012

Swimming

 I am very proud of my two daughters, and truly believe they are God sent.  Although they are quite different in looks, temperaments and taste, I love them both the same.
To them, I dedicate this post.

Abby is my youngest and the athlete in the family.  She is in her high school's cross country team, as well as in a city swim team.  She's quite good at both sports and has earned several recognitions, medals and trophies.

 © Arnoldo L. Romero 2012

Since Tag Tuesday's theme is Swimming, it was the perfect opportunity for me to make her a tag in honor of one of her passions.  I began by coating the tag using two shades of acrylic blue paint.  When it was dry, I taped a strip of beaded fringe to the bottom of the tag.  Then, I cut strips of a blue-green print to simulate waves, and glued them on the background.  I also punched three swirls out of a light blue print and pasted them between the waves.  I lettered in her name and dotted the waves with a silver Sharpie marker.  Next, I sketched Abby swimming with a pencil, inked the sketch, and illustrated it with water colors.  I attached the sketch to the tag with foam dots.  As a finishing touch, I made a tassel using 3 types of ribbon and a blue gem.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Carolyn Saxby and the other artists at Tag Tuesday for their continuous words of encouragement.  I am proud to be a part of such a talented team.  And Lynn Holland, if the team ever gets together physically, I'll be glad to bring a cake in celebration of having my "Seaside" Tag being post number 1000.  LOL!


18 comments:

  1. Holy Toledo - 1,000! And we are only half way through the year! What a wonderful tribute to your daughter - love your drawing of her. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, bet your daughter is proud of you! How did clever Jewels know it was 1000? thats is an awesome number! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag. How lovely to have a family, and to be proud of each other! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tag, such an exquisite little painting, and a wonderful tribute to your talented daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tribute to your daughter,I love the splash of yellow on her swimming cap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually it was tag number 1015. Can't believe you've all made so many gorgeous little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tribute - I really like your hand painted tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag! The beaded fringe is a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag, Arnoldo. I am sure she is very pruod of her Dad, too. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A clever tag, I love the drawing of your daughter and her yellow hat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoopee Arnaldo cakes all round. Its a lovely tribute to your daughter that you have done. I bet she will love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very talented family altogether then I'd say. Beautiful tag Arnoldo. I never say no to cake either ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice that your tag has so much meaning to you. Isn't art wonderful? I'm sure your daughter loves this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww what a beautiful tribute to your talented daughter...I adore your little sketch...you can tell this wonderful tag was made with love....
    ...and did someone mention cake!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colours in your tag, Arnoldo,and the sketch is so delicate.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Arnold I bet Abby is thrilled to be your inspiration this week. I love your wonderfully personal take on the theme. Great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely keepsake for your daughter you must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/