Saturday 11 August 2012

SO GLAD I'M DONE WITH THIS TAG...

And I'm almost ashamed to show it...but obviously not ashamed enough not toWhat this Tag Tuesday challenge is doing...is ummmm...challenging me! Again, this week, the subject just made me think YUK. (Sorry Carolyn...no offense). But I agreed to do my best to submit a tag every week so I fought with myself all week about getting it done.



All I could think about was my Mom...who used to love BINGO and was faithful about going at least once a week...as long as I can remember...up until she died. And she wasn't fat. And she took me and my 5 siblings when we lived in Turkey (Dad was military) because it was the only sane thing she had to do. (At least, I think so). I was between the ages of 5 and 12 so my memory might be skewed.  When we moved to Mississippi, I was still young and wascally enough that she didn't leave me at home with the older kids so I can't tell you how many times I was disappointed at the BINGO table. YUK!



Anyhoo, I looked for pictures of Mom on my desktop...but that computer is all messed up and going through therapy...so all my images are missing files and I don't have any of her on my laptop. Hmmm. Scratch THAT idea.



Then, I made myself sit down with my baggies full of trash paper and at least look for ideas. And lo and behold...I found a magazine that I'd picked up from my one and only visit to a horse racing track a few years ago...where by the way, I won just under $1,000.00!



Then it took me two hours to find, cut, and paste words and pictures onto a piece of cardboard from an old tissue box cover and I didn't like it AT ALL when I'd finished. (Thankfully, my granddaughter was here sitting next to me watching ME and cartoons and asking 43,000 questions which made it 'tolable'. Soooo, I covered it with glittery stuff, cut it in half, and today it isn't so bad. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

  

13 comments:

  1. The story is great! I think a lot of had problems with this one! And you made your tag, which has turned out well! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ! thats a lot of work for something you didnt like.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for persevering and then producing a tag you can be proud of :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard when we have a creative block. However, I believe you handled it well and ended up with a nice tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for persevering, with a great result, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That got the little grey cells working! Well done, great story, you sound like I feel, I dnon't want to miss a wveek's cahallenge either! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made it! More than I did...sigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it tough when you can't find any inspiration. I missed a week a while ago because I just wasn't satisfied with anything I did! I am a frustrated ripper upper when this happens! Well done. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy hearing the stories behind the tags each week - yours is so interesting - a childhood in Turkey! And your tag is great .- sums up the theme - fun taking risks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for sticking with it.It's terrible when you get stuck for ideas it happens to me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for sticking with it, I think it's a fab little tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to do stuff we don't like, even if it just confirms that we don't like a particular theme or technique! Well done for persevering, and for setting a good example for your granddaughter in sticking with stuff you don't want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness ... you are a amazing! The creativity that came out of the tag is awesome because of your thought process and we are honoured to have that tag showing here. Thank you so much for posting it and sharing the story. I hope you enjoy this week's theme a little better. It's all down to personal interpretation isn't it. Have fun ♥

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/