Wednesday 22 August 2012

Table Games


Is it time to post a tag again already!!?  That will teach me to be more organised - though I do have to say this tag design came to me much much quicker than the last one.

Our family love playing board games.  My favourites is Pictionary for obvious reasons!  As a child my favourite was a game called 'Tell Me'.  We used to play it at my Aunty Mary's and Uncle Jack's.  We all used to sit wherever we could perch (it was always a full house) then one person called out the question - 'A fruit beginning with'.......We all waited with baited breath until the spinner stopped and the letter was called....'G'  Then the room erupted with everyone shouting out a fruit.  The Question Master was in charge of awarding the card to the first person shouting out the correct answer.  Not always an easy task in all that hullabaloo!  Some of the answers had us in fits of giggles as well as the rivalry when two people were trying to persuade the Question Master they really were the first person to say grape!!

I had a quick look in our games cupboard (no easy task as it is chocablock!) and I spotted an old favourite with happy memories attached so that was my inspiration for this week's tag.  The Greek writing at the top of my tag says, 'In Greece table games are called Tavli' and the bottom strips say 'We learnt to play Tavli in Cyprus'.


 Here is what the tag looks like when you open up the Tavli board.   You will probably recognise it as Backgammon.


The counters and dice are Fimo so you can actually play for real on my tag.  How's that for a pocket board game? :-D


Here is my mini tag game next to the real macoy!  How did I do?  You can see from this photo our game is much loved and has seen plenty of action on the beaches of Cyprus usually as the sun went down and the barbecues were lit!  Happy Days!


I love being part of the Tag Tuesday challenge and I love reading your kind thoughts on my work each week.  Thank you.

14 comments:

  1. I just KNEW you'd come up with something incredible!! Bravo Helen! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag - and a game as well! Perfect for travelling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the functionality of all your tags, Helen. You are such a good paper engineer. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the mini-game board on your tag, love it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very clever constucted tag and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative! Your execution is wonderful and the fact that it can actually be played makes it superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tag...how clever to have a little game board...Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I love an interactive tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful tag, very clever idea, and beautifully constructed. Different, love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Helen, you are very clever.
    I made a few games on a brown packing box. Think I will dig it out, now you've reminded me.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever this is - I just want to get hold of it and have a proper look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Spectacular! I love that you can actually play the game but am glad I don't have to try to with my vision and big fingers!
    Best, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely memories and a great tag, especially to include a pocket-sized game, well done! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/