Tuesday 25 September 2012

Clocks


Hi everybody,  'Clocks'  is a theme I like. I started making a tag, and before I knew what had happened, my tag had turned into a clock, which is now ticking away merrily on my kitchen wall. I now have a whole battery of clocks there. (No pun intended!) I cut a tag using TH's Cabinet card day, embossed it in a TH texture fade folder, distressed it, and then mounted it onto an old calendar page, which I cut just a tiny bit bigger than the cabinet card to give it a frame. Then I added one of my 1€ clockworks,  a hanger, some wings and a quote,and that was it!



And I wanted to show another clock tag I made recently,also with a working clock, although it was not made especially for today:




Thanks for looking, and for all the nice comments left in the last weeks! Have a good week!
Valerie

19 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and I love the notion that time stays and it is we who go!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Valerie! I love that quote - very thought provoking :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great tags! I love that textured background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both tags are fab - I particularly love the colours in the top one and the textured effect you achieved. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tags, Val, I always love what you make! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great tags here. with fabulous quote! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice idea of creating tag on wall clock.

    It really helps to decor my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A proper real clock tag, how brilliant is that? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both clock tags Valerie - I love those miniature clock mechanisms - I have never seen them so small - that is why I went out and bought a watch to use for my tag! Where did you get them from? Love the quote - so true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea and a great quote! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen, I got the clocks from the 1€ shop here, they were very horrible little kitchen clocks, so I bought a supply to take apart and put into other things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great little clock tags,so clever that they work! and great words too, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great quote to go with your FAB tag - love the look you created. Nicely done. J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! what a brilliant idea to make a real clock in a tag, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tags, Love them both... simply brilliant.May x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tags, Valerie. Wonderful texture in both.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/