Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Autumn Leaves

I had acquired some new stamps from Different Colors at Ally Pally and was desperate to use them (lol) ... they worked so well with the theme for this week's tag
I gently dismantled an empty ribbon reel and covered the back, the inside and the outside with JillibeanSoup patterned paper. For the crackle I used Fresco chalk and crackle paint. The images are stamped, cut out, coloured with colouring pencils and covered with Diamond Glaze. You might see some cracks in the glaze. I am not sure how it happened, maybe the glaze was a bit too old but when I moved the images, the cracks appeared .... thank you so much for your lovely comments last week, have an enjoyable evening, Petra.

16 comments:

  1. Very nice! And to think I've been throwing out empty ribbon spools! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. Like a diorama :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A clever construction and lovely stamps. I like the cracks in the glaze, they look like veins in the leaves, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the ribbon spool, it makes a great tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Petra! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation... May x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep everything you never know when it will come in. Yes my house is full of stuff.
    I love what you have created Petra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea! I'll be passing the ribbon reel idea on to my daughter in law who works in a craft shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An inspiring creation - with recycling too! You must be looking forward to the next Ally Pally show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag...the colors, the drawings, and its assemblage in the spool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great little tag - I love the idea of the ribbon spool and the crackle effect works brilliantly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea to use a ribbon reel. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So unusual! Wonderful tag! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How ingenious - I've been saving ribbon spools for ages so you've given me ideas now! - such a cute little tag, love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to use the ribbon reel, and it makes such a pretty tag!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!