Tuesday 9 October 2012

Leaves, Acorns and Conkers - a bit late - sorry!

I couldn't keep my eyes open a moment longer last night and went to bed admitting defeat - I missed the deadline for Tag Tuesday - in fact I couldn't believe it was Tuesday again already!  I started out thinking I wanted to depict a memory of taking my eldest, then my youngest to visit my Gran many years ago.  He was about two and we in a 'proud parent' moment asked him to tell his Gran a joke and we nearly fell off our chairs when he, instead of starting with 'knock, knock'....repeated parrot fashion a joke about a squirrel swimming on his back that has a punch line that is some what risqué!  No matter as when we quickly took a look at my Gran who was smiling indulgently and we knew as much as Damian had no idea why the joke was funny neither did my Gran....Phew!

Unfortunately I could not think how to make a backstroking squirrel so here is as far as I got last night......


Then my hand was yawning as well as my head so this morning I got back to it and.......late I know but I didn't want to miss a week completely!


This tag opts for a somewhat less risqué use of the word 'Nuts!'  Though I should confess the acorns at the bottom of the tag had to be hastily rearranged before the silicone glue dried when I took a step back to view my composition!!

I am looking forward to seeing what you have all been up to - this week and last.  I think this month is going to see some fab tags as it is a lovely bunch of prompts again from Carolyn.  I have to get my thinking cap on for rainy day - and I notice Tim has this months tag up too.  Now I have finally started videoing paper crafting tutorials (I uploaded my first test one this week!) I am running to catch up with myself.  I could do with a rainy day or two to stay in and do just that - catch up!

8 comments:

  1. I love your composition, and the way the blue green background brings out your elements. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color contrast and that squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great squirrel, love him! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute tag. Hope you get time to complete your rainy days tag.
    You're such a busy bee, you'll need some elastic hours to catch up on your projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story! love your squirrel and his nuts! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! love your squirrel, fab little tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little Squirrel tag Helen, I like the lettering in Autumn colours too. I went off for a wander on your link to your tutorial but forgot to leave a comment so here I am back again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Helen this is so cute! Well done! I love the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/