Thursday, 1 November 2012

Halloween

Here's my Halloween themed tag. I've needle felted a black cat using fur from my own black cat, Nelson! As he's quite elderly his fur is more grey than black now, but I'm pleased with this. The background is a tag from a pair of leggings, and a piece of a woollen blanket dyed green, which I bought at a craft fair. I tried some beads for eyes but they just didn't work.
Nelson is 14 and full of character. I was really surprised to find out that it's very hard to re-home black cats. I would definitely have another black cat, as every one I've ever met has been full of character! I've included some photos of Nelson with my tag.

11 comments:

  1. Cool tag! My sister had a black cat-- he was a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag. I have used my cats fur to do a picture of him. He is black/white. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual and very clever way to make a tag Jo! Love it! Nelson is very handsome. I love black cats - my own little Sooty (I was nine) was the best :0) mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased your little black cat got to 'take part' in Halloween too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nelson and his little silhouette - they're both precious. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab and clever idea - the tag is so cute and Nelson looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHARMING! I'm sending Nelson a soft hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic - I'm a fan of needle felting - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and beautiful, love that you felted your tag, you have a cute cat.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a brilliant idea!and what a cool cat!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!