Friday 18 January 2013

B is for

Hi everyone!
Brilliant tags for A, and I am impressed by so many of you having a theme. My alphabet tags will be whatever pops into my head, and you will see quite a variety of ideas and media! I like the idea of an alphabetical dictionary of stitch, they will make lovely books when they are finished, so I look forward to seeing the work of you stitchers. Jane's calligraphy is a great idea too.
The weather is so cold here, with occasional snow flurries, so I am hoping to have a productive time in my studio without venturing out much over the next few days. My son has bought a daylight therapy lamp, which is huge, and makes you feel as though you are in bright sunshine. Overseas readers will be puzzled about the fuss we make about a little bit of snow in this country, but the whole country really does come to a standstill for a small snowfall or icy roads.
I haven't looked at your Bs yet, but will do when I have posted. I have made a fresh cup of tea ready to help my viewing.
 Here is my tag:-
B is for Birds

I used some bird stamps on top of painted papers and added a ribbon edging. I chose a letter B from a paper sheet because I liked the size and colour, and when I looked closely it had birds on it, which I think you will agree was serendipitous! I photographed it against a wallpaper sample with birds on.

13 comments:

  1. Super Jane, I don't think it matters whether there is a theme or no, it is such fun discovering every week! I love this tag, all the lovely birds. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds is a great idea! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tag Jane - I really like your collection of bird stamps. Nice bright colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch the birdie!! Hehe ;)
    A very Birdiful tag Jane :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful tag and I'm enjoying this alphabet theme to distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag! Love your bird stamps. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tag Jane what a lovely selection of bird themed stamps you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your use of painted papers, the birds on your B are sweet, great stamp collection, especially the peacock, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the B from bird paper . I am enjoying the diversity of the alphabet tags . We get a surprise every week .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag - those are really cute little birdy stamps :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just goes to show how it all comes together in the end. Great using the wallpaper as your background. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/