Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year

Happy 2013!  It's a new year, and in my mind, it is an opportunity for renewal.  It is a time to make amends, discover new horizons, explore new opportunities… the possibilities are endless.

© Arnoldo L. Romero 2013
With renewal in mind, I decided a butterfly would make a great symbolic representation for this concept.  I used one from a Martha Stewart glittering techniques kit that I purchased a couple of months ago.  I had not attempted coloring with glitter, so I decided this was the perfect opportunity to try something new.  I took one of the chipboard butterflies in the kit and followed Martha's instructions.  However, I changed the colors and textures of glitter to fit my design's color scheme.  Then, I used a postcard as the base for my tag.  I embellished it with a faux stamp, vintage rick-rack, a strip of Tim Holtz tape and mini staples, and a Making Memories metal letter tile.  I lettered the text with a micron pen.  To complete the tag look, I punched a hole on the postcard and tied a strip of ribbon to it.  I attached the butterfly with foam strips.

May 2013 be filled with love, joy, peace, health and financial stability for all.  Godspeed!  (By the way, I am the January guest designer at Word Art Wednesday, so be sure and stop by.)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Arnoldo - all the best to you and yours in 2013. And great job with the glitter to LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag! How fun to try something new-- I'd say you had great success with the glitter! Happy 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterfly a great idea for a fresh start. All the best at WordArt Wednesday, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sparkly work, I love butterflies! Happy New Year to you and your family Arnoldo. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect symbol for renewal. Love your glittery tag. Best wishes to you and yours for the new year. Hugs. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tag and I love the thoughts behind it too, really beautiful. Happy New Year - guest designer spot at Word Wednesday sounds like a great start! :o) x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/