Tuesday 19 February 2013

G is for....

Beautiful F's everyone, such variety! For G I have chosen Geranium oil. This lovely oil can be used in so many ways as it can help to balance the mind and emotions and also the hormone system while it has stimulting properties for the lymphatic system and adrenal cortex. It is a wonderful oil for stressful situations, PMT, the menapause, mild depression and anxiety, fluid retention, exzema, bruises and shingles. It is a mild insect repellant, can balance the oil production of  the skin, keeping it supple and is helpful in the healing of burns, wounds and ulcers.
For my tag I tried to capture the enjoyment of simple pleasures. I grow lots of geraniums and have a collection of scented leaved ones (Chocolate, lemon, rose, spice, apple, mint) and love sitting by them and rubbing the leaves to release the scent. The sun was out when I made this tag and the sky was blue, made me think of Summer to come! (Should I add - hopefully?)
002
What can be more stress reducing than sitting by an open window, a pot of geraniums adding a splash of colour and a cup of tea? I hand drew the geraniums with pen and ink, distress stamped a gingham tablecloth, stamped the cup and saucer on some floral paper that I shaded with distress markers and then found an old old stamp of curtains that I fussy cut. Hope this makes you think of peaceful days to come. Try putting Geranium oil with Lavender and Juniper in a fragrance burner, Heaven! Thank you for leaving such lovely comments - I'm off now to enjoy all of your G's! x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely tag Barb definitely captures the sun. If you are in the UK you should definitely add 'hopefully'. We are ever hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The curtains stamp matches your drawing wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting again this week! I have never been a big fan of geraniums because of their odd smell, but I shall look at them in a new light from now on as they have so much to offer. Your tag is gorgeous - it has a wonderful summery feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag, very pretty indeed, and good to learn more about geraniums! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee this is good Barb! I didn't know that geranium oil was so useful. Think I might get some. Do you know of any contraindications? Mo :0) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to put it in a room burner you will be fine Mo, but if you want to put it on your skin it has to go in a carrier oil like sweet almond, approx six drops of essential oil to 30mls of carrier oil to start with if you have not done it before. If you have an aromatherapist near you it would be a good treat and she could get the right mix for you? Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Xx

      Delete
  6. I love the scented geraniums I used to have a lemon one but I didnt know there were more, lovely tag indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely tag and lots of interesting information. My geraniums here in France have flourished all throughout the winter and have given a lovely splash of bright red on the terrace to cheer you up on even the gloomiest day! I didn't know they had so many interesting properties! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaah the promise of warm days to come .... lovely fresh sunshiney tag. I love geraniums too - even their leaves are pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A darling tag--very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the painterly feel of your tag, with your beautifully rendered geraniums. By the way, what does "fussy cut" mean? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving your informative series, I shall be much more relaxed and stress free when I look at the geraniums on my tag now,Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag this week has a lovely cottaqge garden feel to it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/