Monday 13 May 2013

Letter R

Hi Tag Tuesday friends ... Remember me? After missing so many weeks, I am happy to be back creating tags . I have a few to catch up, but here is R - for Rhodanthe, a native flowering plant in the daisy family. This tag features an embroidered sepia print of the flowers on recycled tea bag paper stitched to the fabric base . I have also included my Q tag - for Quandong, a native fruit tree, traditionally used as a food and medicine source by Australian Aborigines.I printed the image of a postage stamp featuring the Quandong onto cotton fabric and put this onto a stamped fabric base, with a few stitches as highlights.
Best wishes, Wilma

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Wilma, great to see you around again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely-- fab color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have you back Wilma, with two great tags too! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing tags Wilma, lovely colours :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you again! 2 fab tags, love the idea of stitching on recycled tea bags, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Wilma. Great tags I have never heard of a Quandong! I love how you partially stitched the Rhodanthe. Its a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely tag's. Love the strong orange and yellow colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/