Saturday 27 July 2013

Fish

Sorry folks, I'm behind like the cow's tail again - but I have finally made my fish tag and a catch one for the roaring twenties which I may as well show you even though it's veeeeeerrry late!
So here's my little fishes (why does it always have to be about food for me?!)


I used the key pull off a real tin and fashioned my tag tin out of metallic cardstock. Then I made some little fishes out of scrap photo paper coloured with alcohol inks and permanent markers.


Great fun, but I now have very inky fingers!
And here's my take on the Roaring Twenties


It's photographed against another one of my beloved old books which isn't quite the right era, but hey! this one went together very quickly once I had the idea - just cuttin and stickin scrap paper, adding a fringed piece on the bottom, a gorgeous 13Arts flower, some strings of beads and finishing with a bow of some translucent ribbon which reminds me of the silk stockings these glamorous girls would have worn.


Thanks for having a look at my efforts - can't wait to see what you've all come up with this week, you clever lot! The themes for August look really fun and inspiring - thanks Carolyn!

Cheerio for now
Annie :o)xxx

15 comments:

  1. Both tags are just waaaaaaay too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!They're both fantastic,look so real.Amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you had a blast putting these tags together, Annie. Your attention to detail was incredible. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those little fishes in their tin! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tags Annie, so creative..Love the fish... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure thought that was a real tin - great job on your 'tag'.
    And I loved your Flapper's dress and beads..so clever and darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are terrific but the fish one is unbelievable--what a fabulous idea for a tag.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!! Well worth waiting for! The can of fish is genius. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, these are AMAZING! The tin of fish is so clever and the dress is lovely with all of its special touches. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are just great and I do love the little fish tin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic - love both of them, but I think the can of sardines is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on this. Two very original ideas!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever to put them in a tin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both tags are wonderful, but that tin of fish is spectacular - very clever, whimsical and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/