Sunday 28 July 2013

Fish

When I saw this week's challenge it was my heart's desire to find a vintage image of a woman with a fish.
Little did I know I'd find the picture, and a fish story that makes me giggle!  "Un poisson d'Avril" -- April Fish -- is the French version of our American April Fool's Day -- a day of pranks.  So greeting cards were created for the occasion.  You may already have known this.  Indeed, I have no idea how I've gone my whole life without knowing!
The picture was colored with muted blues and greens and just a hint of pink.  I added bowers stamped with pink in and a ruffle of pretty silk trim.  Then, since the girl was looking so inviting, I gave her the "Be Mine" motto .
I know it's July, but, here's the original image, and then a couple more in case you'd like to try your own April Fish tag.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, and it's good to learn something new - thanks for sharing the images! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard that French story. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the images. Love the stamping, the ribbon and the Be Mine. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fish/woman tag - how in the world did you find this fishy image. So you just thought I want a woman holding a fish --very interesting!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I was aware of this but only recently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful take on the theme! And an interesting snippet of history too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is beautifully crafted. I love learning about traditions around the world, so I found your post fascinating too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so much fun! clever & beautiful! merci for the freebies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag - love what you've done with the image. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So interesting - the images are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work and thanks for the story!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know that either. Your tag is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen these postcards, and I wondered what they meant, thanks for letting us know. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag, Love those images... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The images of women with fish are so amusing. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/