Monday 1 July 2013

Letter "Y"

I'm a bit behind in my tag-making.  Here in Colorado we have had a fire; you may have heard about it.  It was the most damaging in our state's history, with 511 homes burned.  The Black Forest fire was about 2 miles from my house but we are safe and have had a minimum of inconvenience, except for that first night we were evacuated.  In the mix, I also started a new full time job which is pretty awesome but also VERY time-consuming.  I'm just about getting used to the new schedule/getting caught up after 3 weeks on the job.
So for my "Y" tag, I decided on the word, Yesterday.  I am of the generation that will always associate that word with The Beatles. Just last night I was watching a documentary about musician Jeff Lynne in which Paul McCartney was interviewed.  It was like visiting with an old friend.  I was born the year the Beatles crossed the pond to America, and they have been a musical influence on me my whole life through.
For this tag, I matched the cute little girl's dresses with polka dotted paper and polka dotted washi tape, too.  I mixed the pastel pinks and the bright reds with aqua, because red and aqua is sometimes unexpected but always, I think, a great color combination.  The red tag is a true vintage Dennison tag from my collection.  The little girl's short hair reminds me of my own when I was in Kindergarten -- which was the same year I first remember hearing and enjoying a Beatle's song.
 
I even think the dress I'm wearing here in 1969 is similar to the one the little dark-haired girl is wearing in the graphic. I'm enjoying all your tags and being a part of this blog; thank you for the fun and the distraction!

12 comments:

  1. The firs sounds really frightening and I am sorry so many were affected by it.

    Your tag is beautiful and the dresses image fits so well for the word you have chosen

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, and great memories - glad you stayed safe from fire, so sad that so many people lost their homes! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are safe...heartbreaking that so many lost their homes...
    Gorgeous tag... Love the cute images & perfect colours...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all had those haircuts 'Pageboy' my mum called it. I adore your yesterday tag Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great images - yes, the little dark haired girl could be you! Glad you are safe. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laurie - so glad to hear you are ok. What an awful fire. I was listening on the news. Sending my best wishes to everyone affected. I hope there is plenty of help for those who have lost homes. I just doesn't bare thinking about.

    On a lighter note - I love your tag - and that is definitely you! I have those papers and I really struggle to use them - they are perfect for a retro look. Great photo - you look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That song title will always stick in my mind, too, Paul was so sweet and gentle when he sang that on T.V. Great tag, thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute tag. Glad your home is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you stayed safe & best of luck in your new job Laurie. You tag is very sweet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag, so glad you are safe, a terrible fire - sending my thoughts to all affected. Enjoy your new job! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the nostalgic feel of your tag. I know what you mean about the Beatles - me too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I missed this Y tag last week--it is absolutely precious. You look just like the little girl on the tag!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/