Tuesday 30 July 2013

Travel

Hi Everyone - it's Tuesday again & time for us all to show our Tags with the current weeks theme, which is 'Travel' this time around. I had a vague idea what I was going to do for this as soon as I saw it in the list Carolyn posted, but I still only got around to finishing it today ;)
Our six year old, who is autistic, is obsessed with buses mainly, but also trains, and their respective timetables; so we do lots of traveling. Not going too far, using public transport or our bikes, but we go out a lot, and prticularly during school holidays. He gets transport to school and much to his delight it is on a mini-bus :D
I usually keep my tags on display for a few days & then store them away in a box, but this weeks one is already up in a certain little boys bedroom, having been claimed once he realised what I was doing, haha.
I apologise that I didn't get around to commenting on all your tags last week, (first time ever mind you), but I did see them all and was mightily impressed & inspired. Thank you to those who commented on my own.
Now, without more of 'Twinkles Twaddle', here is my tag for this week. You can click on it for a larger view.

First of all I stuck an old map book page onto some sturdy packing card then I sprayed it. I used vehicle stencils that I coloured with sprays & neocolor 2s. (The blue bus was stenciled onto separate card and then cut out).I made the bicycle out of shrink plastic which I had intended putting a hole in it to use it with my tie, but I forgot so I stuck it down instead. The traffic lights are a stencil and I used some sequin waste on the back ground too. I added a bus ticket that we actually got yesterday but as it dried the ink disappeared which is why I stamped Stage coach back onto the piece of paper that I'd ripped from another ticket *sigh* 
I added some text words printed on my wee machine & my tie is one of those keyring chains.
Thanks for looking, and visiting you all is my 'to-do' for this evening.
Stay well, be happy & I hope to see you all here again next week :0) *hugs* Mo xx


17 comments:

  1. I can understand your little man loving this tag, it's gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun! I can see why your little guy likes it. Fab tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is darling. I love all the steps you took to reach this wonderful completed tag. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Like that chain hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a nice way to travel and see the scenery on a bus

    Great tag

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite tag of yours thus far. I'm sure your six year old son will treasure this tag for years to come. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder your little boy claimed this tag - it's wonderful! So many different techniques used - just love the shrink plastic bike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag, I love shrink plastic as well. You will have to make your little boy a series of bus tags. I'm sure he would love one with a red bus on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of wonderful textures on a very interesting tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, no surprise that it has been claimed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know Wendy, I hadn't even thought of that, I think you're right, he would like that. My friend Lynn Holland sent him some postcards of vintage buses, I bet I could incorporate them into giant tags to go with this one. Thanks for the inspiration :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! I particularly admire the tiny bicycle image on the tag.I hope your son has a bulletin board in his room so that you can make him lots of great tags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your additions and think you stage coach bus is fun!Some inks are so tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag, no wonder he loves it! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that your son claimed this one as his own...I don't blame him! It's a great tag :-) Adding shrinky dink elements is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. and p.s., thanks for the nice welcoming comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it... so Cute... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/