Tuesday 2 July 2013

Z is for ZODIAC

I can't believe how quickly we have come to the end of the alphabet, it feels like we only started it a few weeks ago, not a few months ago!

I chose ZODIAC for the letter Z. I found this gorgeous, richly decorated zodiac image online, of course. I love the incredible detail. The more traditional zodiac at the bottom of the tag was cut out of an old French Larousse, and coloured with a very light blue pen. The signs at the top of the top are for me ( Pisces ) and my husband ( Leo ). Used a little bit of scrim and of course quite a few gold and silver gems for stars. For the tie I used a snippet of sari silk ribbon -




Oh, and instead of using the usual white or brown tag, which I had intended to do, I cut a tag from the blue card which was the backing in the package the tags came in :-), perfect background.

It has been such a lovely journey through the alphabet, thank you all so much taking part, and commenting, and generally making this weekly challenge so special for me.  And of course a huge hello to all the new participants. WELCOME!

Toodlepip xxx

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Lululiz! That blue is gorgeous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, the azure blue is lovely! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific colour and images.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das Tag ist wunderschön geworden.
    Gefällt mir sehr, sehr gut.

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tag, Liz. Great minds think alike (or nearly) I downloaded and printed the same images then got carried away with something else! Great colours. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so bright and cheerful and I love the way you have used the scrim.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've used the image on this tag and the gems work perfectly as stars. Really lovely.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful tag worthy of my first comment. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag and great "z" choice! I'm a Leo too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag. The color and bits of sparkle are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous tag! I'm just loving the blue, the embellishment, and how blingy it all is. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag! All the elements came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just a beautiful tag and great choice of word, the image is fabulous, great colours. I love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - this looks pretty darn neat - beautiful idea!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really gorgeous tag and great choice for the last of the alphabet! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous colourful tag, love how you put your 2 special signs at the top, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good idea for your Z tag! I love the turquoise background, which really makes it stand out.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/