Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Z is for.....

I decided to use the letter z too represent sleep! zzzzzzz as it were! My lovely no 2 daughter presented us with our first grandchild nearly 11 months ago and of course at first sleep was a challenge for her. I mixed up some Roman Chamomile and Lavender which she put into a dish in the nursery and it certainly helped Ryder to sleep. He now goes faithfully to bed at 7pm every night and mostly sleeps through. It is a safe and gentle mix to aid sleep and I've certainly needed it at times in my life. Just add a few drops of each to a bowl of boiling water and let it softly scent the air. For my tag I have used a photo of Ryder asleep in his camping cot a few months ago on his first camping experience.

013
The background is a made up of some rocket shapes and the words To the Moon. When he was just a bump we all referred to him as rocket booster! His photo is framed onto dark blue card and I added buttons and blue gingham ribbon. As you can see there are some teddies in the cot with him and so I added a fimo Winnie the Pooh dressed in a blue dressing gown and cap. I die cut some zzzzz's across him. Please indulge a bessotted Gran, here is a snap shot of him a few days ago.
002
He has celtic colouring just like his Grandad. I love him to bits.
Well, must say I'm glad the alphabet is over although I've enjoyed the challenge and reading all your wonderful submissions. I will try and get mine all in a book now. I think you have all been very, very creative and I'm looking forward to the next part of the year! xx

14 comments:

  1. This is just too cute Barb and the perfect end for the alphabet. I'm looking forward now to seeing how you display your wonderful herbal collection :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sleepy tag--perfect! Such a cute baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wouldn't be besotted over such a cutie! Gorgeous tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Would make a lovely nursery decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag and a clever way to use all the Zss. Beautiful picture to use as well

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, gorgeous baby! I shall miss all your useful tips on all the wonderful oils you use. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a gorgeous little fellow and a perfect subject for your lovely tag!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous little darling, I just want to pick him up and cuddle him! Such a sweet tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've used the zzzz's - great tag. Gorgeous little man there!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be bessotted too! He is a doll baby and your tag is so cute. You do really nice work with fimo!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute - what a gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A cute and fitting end to a fabulous series of tags; I've really enjoyed your weekly posts about all the essential oils, now you can take a well earned zzzzzzz! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tag, and lovely baby!Aaah! I have found your essential oils tags very interesting and informative as well as creative.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!