Wednesday 14 August 2013

Complementary Colours.

What fun, to try and restrict myself to just two colours, a challenge for me to be sure! I have chosen Red and Green and used Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn from my Distress collection.

003
I split the tag in two with the distress stains and then used a Dina Wakely stamp which I layered up once in the red and twice in the green. Then I punched two hearts to adhere and stained some crinkle ribbon in the colours. Simples, but I can see me using this again, especially at Christmas!
006
I am really loving all your tags and want to apologise for not commenting on everyone last week, I will be back after work and do my best to visit all of you and want to thank you for your kind comments. Work is a bit manic at the moment! I loved the wedding ideas and what great contributions so far on this theme, love to you all, Barb x

16 comments:

  1. This is so well done, excellent tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and right on with the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! love those figures and the two color background

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the artsy feel of your tag. The brush strokes in the background and the staggered positioning of your figures gave it a lot of interest. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag. I really like these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tag--love the images and the bold colour choices

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. The images are wonderful and your use of color is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how you did this May :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the graphic style of this tag Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect way to carry out the theme of complementary colors! (I'll admit that I, too, was a bit stumped on this one.) Fabulous tag. (Work must be manic everywhere right now--sure has been at my office for the past month!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the half-and-half treatment---great way to show how perfectly balanced the 2 complementary colors are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a total stunner! "negative" images are so powerful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tag, love the way you have used the two colours

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tag...Brilliant use of the stamps & colours... Love it! Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this one - very very effective! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/