Thursday 1 August 2013

Travel

I am drawn to wild places and wild free creatures and so for my tag this week I focussed on the tiger. 
As the world shrinks so does the habitat for this magnificent creature and conflict is the consequence.
Keeping wild and keeping free is vital!

Primarily on this tag I have been experimenting with poured molten Utee,
I spread some out and stamped an inked stamp into it.

 When this was cooled I brushed Perfect Pearls Pigment over.
It reminds my of a faded handwoven rug!
The finishing touch on this mega tag was to use string and knot and bead the ends.

Tiger, Tiger burning bright
Your majesty fills me with delight.
Julie

14 comments:

  1. Lovely tag! I often use molten Utee to stamp into too,it gives great effects. The tigers really need protection, man is a much more destructive animal! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, love the textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and textures in your tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the plight for the Tiger. Here's hoping we all make a difference to help. Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! the color choices are really rich and different for a tiger and yet the strength of the tiger shines through. really special. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful textures and love your post about the tigers

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome colours & I admire your sentiments :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is magnificent and a lovely tribute to the tiger. The texture is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great textures on colors on your tag. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very unusual and striking tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your experiment with utee--reminds me of a screen from an exotic country, which is perfect for the tigers! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, i love your earthy, textural tag. It's gorgeous and rich. Beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag... Love the image, texture & beautiful colours... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag - intriguing techniques too

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/