Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Weddings

Bonjour!

Sorry I was absent last week but we had family staying which kept me rather busy!!  I will try to catch up with my travel tag soon.  Loved all your tags though - I made time to peek!

This week my tag is a photo of my grandparents on their wedding day in 1914.  The first time my Granny saw my Grandpa was on a holiday in Scotland when she took a day trip on a steamer on the loch.  She and her best friend, then aged 14, swooned over a good looking young man wearing a pair of rather dashing two tone brogues.  I can just imagine them giggling!  Four years later my Granny spotted the same shoes on the same young man aboard a tram in Blackpool where she lived.  They got off at the same stop and he admired her dog (a Chow Chow).  He had moved to Blackpool after qualifying as a doctor at Glasgow University to take up a post as a junior doctor at Blackpool's Victoria hospital.  This romance was obviously meant to be and they were happily married until Grandpa died in 1966.  Granny died in 1994, aged 100!  I loved them both so much.




A bientot!
Carolyn xx


22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag and a great photo! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your grandparents photograph. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tag and a wonderful tribute to your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a truly wonderful story and a gorgeous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tag, and a fabulous story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story & a beautiful tag. I felt a kinship there, as I & all my siblings were actually born in Blackpool Victoria hospital :0))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely tribute to your grandparents. It's a simple and beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a romantic story and her dress is so gorgeous!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely story and a very beautiful tag

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful your tag is and what a wonderful story!Loving the new themes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn I loved reading about your grandparents romance and what a wonderful photo to be able to use for your classic tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful vintage tribute

    ReplyDelete
  14. a true romance!! Beautiful Tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful and an amazing love story and a lovely tag! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great story! I hope you somehow keep it with your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant story and I loved all your tags!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A true romance - thanks for sharing a story from your family history which certainly gives this very beautiful tag another interesting dimension

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag & Beautiful story...Love it!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great story Carolyn. Destiny had a plan! What a lovely way to celebrate a great romance.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!