Wednesday 25 September 2013

Egypt

I struggled a bit with this theme -- lots of ideas but none that I could seem to make work.  Even though it can be frustrating to come up empty with ideas it is so refreshing to come here and see how everyone else was inspired!  So here's mine:
Whenever I think of Egypt I remember how a family I knew in Germany had taken a 3 week vacation there; their strongest memory of it was the extreme heat. So that led me to this vintage travel poster.
I glittered the airplane and the sand beneath it; I added black lace over the top of the tag to balance out the black on the poster, and because I thought it looked exotic.  The fringe on the bottom is from a piece of vintage upholstery fabric, and I decorated it with a string of black beading.

14 comments:

  1. Laurie that is a perfect image to evoke Egypt. It was on my bucket list but maybe not now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage poster feel, and that fringe was the perfect finishing touch. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love what you ultimately came up with. i think it is exceptional! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the period feel to this - fab! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is 'hot'!
    Where onearth does one find vintage upholstery fringe?! Haha Great use of it anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout and the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the Egypt theme. Love the old poster and your decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea - I can almost feel the heat coming off it the way it hits yo uas yo uget off the plane! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really interesting idea for your tag. The colours evoke heat and perfectly set off the camel silhouette in the foreground.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is an excellent interpretation of your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To me, this tag is evocative of the great vintage mystery stories set in Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great tag, love the camel and the colours you have used. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the camel image. Its made a great tag :)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/