Wednesday 4 September 2013

Eyes

Color me predictable: when I hear the theme "eyes" I think about the line uttered by Mr. Darcy about dear Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice "I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow."
So I used a black, over-sized tag to portray Elizabeth in front of an English home with those fine eyes.
The "lacy" effect at left is modeling paste through a plastic doily as a stencil -- I do love it against the black tag!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag with a lovely Jane quote! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tag with a wonderful quote and images

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! My oldest daughter loves Jane Austen, so she'd love this tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this, my favourite book! Lovely lovely tag. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of a black tag. And great way to use your plastic doily. The lace effect is brilliant :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea and beautifully collaged :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling idea and done so well.Very nice tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic homage to austen! wow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine eyes and a fine tag! Just lovely. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty tag, you captured that era well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh - I can hear My Darcy saying this. What a beautiful usten inspired tag!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/