Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Eyes

Color me predictable: when I hear the theme "eyes" I think about the line uttered by Mr. Darcy about dear Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice "I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow."
So I used a black, over-sized tag to portray Elizabeth in front of an English home with those fine eyes.
The "lacy" effect at left is modeling paste through a plastic doily as a stencil -- I do love it against the black tag!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag with a lovely Jane quote! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tag with a wonderful quote and images

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! My oldest daughter loves Jane Austen, so she'd love this tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this, my favourite book! Lovely lovely tag. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of a black tag. And great way to use your plastic doily. The lace effect is brilliant :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea and beautifully collaged :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling idea and done so well.Very nice tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic homage to austen! wow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine eyes and a fine tag! Just lovely. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty tag, you captured that era well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh - I can hear My Darcy saying this. What a beautiful usten inspired tag!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!